Lemonade transfers are virtually instantaneous. On rare circumstances, your recipient may contact you to report they have not received value for a Transfer you sent, even if the status on your app says it was successful.
Lemonade delivered the funds to your recipient's bank or mobile money account, and it's possible that the recipient's bank or mobile money provider hasn't applied value to the account. This can occur for a variety of reasons. Here are several examples:
Common reasons why a recipient may not receive value for a successful Transfer
- The Transfer was processed to an inactive bank account. An inactive bank account is a bank account that has been closed or is dormant and cannot receive any funds.
- The Transfer was processed to an invalid account, where the recipient account number is a wrong account number or does not exist.
- The recipient’s bank cannot apply value due to a restriction on the account. A restriction could be a lien on the recipient’s account or a limit on the amount the bank account can receive.
What to do when a recipient has not received a successful Transfer
- Request for the session ID for transfers to Nigeria from Lemonade support
- Share the transaction receipt on the app with them.
There are times where a recipient does not get an SMS or email notification from the bank when a transfer is initiated but the value has already been applied. It’s helpful to ask the recipient to log in to their bank app to confirm if the value has been applied.
Article is closed for comments.